London Calling!- Railway DVD
This entertaining railway programme, featuring our capital city, London was released in January of 2010. Bringing to life the motive power from stations in and around London.Released January 2010, this programme features an amazing array of motive power from stations in and around our Capital city.
Locations included are:
Harrow & Wealdstone
The film spans the years 1959 to 2009 and herer are just some of the highlights:
· Steam at Euston, Paddington, Waterloo, Kings Cross, Vauxhall, Victoria, Charing Cross, Liverpool Street & Finsbury Park.
· The Midland Pullman arriving at St Pancras.
· Class 31s on suburban sets at Farringdon
· Classes 21, 23, 26 & 40 at Finsbury Park
· The Golden Arrow Pullman in both steam & electric eras at Victoria.
· Diesel-hydraulics, 31s & Class 50s at Paddington
· Double-decker emus at Waterloo East
· Class 73 & a Crompton on tour at Blackfriars
· Railtour at London Bridge
· Brighton Belle at Victoria
· 45s, HST, 47s and even an 87 at St Pancras
· Kings Cross views ranging from Deltics to Class 89, 90 & 91
· 37s on tour at Marylebone
· Virgin 86s & 87s at Harrow & Wealdstone
Chaptered DVD running for 107 mins
Rail Express Magazine (May 2010) Comments ........
A new DVD release that appeals to the nostalgic senses, and covers half a century of railway operations in and out of the Capital.
The film quality, as you would expect, is more variable than contemporay film, but what is lost in picture standard is more than made up for in interest value. There are too many fascinating scenes to recall, but we were delighted by the large number of scenes of early diesels in action – Recommended
Sample on YouTube
£19.95 inc p&p