Diesel Decade – The 1980’s Volume 1 - Railway DVD
Diesel Decade – The 1980s Volume 1 gives an insightful look into the delightful history which helped to make up the rail scene as we know it today.
This DVD is packed with wonderfully nostalgic scenes, even a rare quadruple-header! Featuring all three of the most popular diesel types of the 1980’s makes it a magical period to remember when BR (British Rail) Blue finally succumbed to sector liveries. Relive timeless memories as you see and hear diesel engine class 20s, 25s, 26s, 27s, 31s, 33s & 37s in dynamic action.
Highlights also include steam-heat 26s on the Kyle of Lochalsh line, 25060 at Hereford, 33s on the Portsmouth service, 31s and 37 on passenger services in East Anglia and Scotland.
Further rail footage and information is available for purchase on our massively popular 'Diesel Decade the 1990s’ series DVD.
A small selection of Volume 1 highlights include:
- Class 20s on Skegness services in Scotland, freight around Warrington and a even a quadruple header.
- The footage for Class 25 includes scenes for Glasgow Queen St, Aberystwyth & Hereford.
- Class 26s at Kyle of Lochalsh, Wick & Perth
- Class 27s on Edinburgh to Dundee and Inverness to Aberdeen rail services.
- Class 31s in East Anglia, on the Settle and Carlisle Line (S&C), around Manchester and in Devon too.
- Class 33s on Portsmouth, West Wales and Waterloo services and also on the Marches route to Crewe.
- Class 37s on both passenger and freight throughout the rail network including passenger work in East Anglia & Scotland.
For your enjoyment in vivid colour and full captions.
Comments from popular rail magazines::
'An excellent reminder of the good old days' - TRACTION
'Highly entertaining and full of nostalgia' - RAIL EXPRESS
Running time is approx 71 mins.
See sample on YouTube
£19.95 inc p&p