Our brand-new programme features all the main line diesel types that have appeared on the mainline in the period January 2000-December 2010.
All scenes are filmed on the mainline.
With a running time of more than 3 and a half hours, this double DVD set contains stupendous scenes filmed entirely by professional cameramen, dedicated to bringing you the history of the mainline scene over the past 10 years.
We look at each class of mainline diesel in turn, from class 20s right through to the operation of the new class 70s, with lineside and station scenes.
* Class 20s on freight and passenger workings.
* Class 31s in Scotland, and on south coast passenger duties.
* Class 33s working freight traffic around Aberdeen, nuclear flask trains, and on railtour duties.
* Class 37s in Scotland, throughout Wales, Arriva S&C trains, Kent freight, Cornish clays etc etc
* HSTs at work througout the decade, including Rio sets.
* Class 40, 45, 46, 50, 52 & 55s in action throughout the decade, and also on regular passenger & freight traffic. Scenes feature 4 different 50s and 4 Deltics in action, both in England & Scotland, Western Champion north & south of the border and on freight in Devon and Cornwall.
* Virgin XC and freightlinere class 47 views + many others.
* The rundown of the class 56, 58 & 60 including some final tours, and the last class 56 rites at Bristol Temple Meads.
* Rundown of the heavy freight class 58 & class 60s
* 59s on freight and even virgin cross country services.
* 67s on postal, freight, WSMR, charters, and summer saturday trains in 2004. Including the 1st class 67 passenger duty and the 1st HST drag!
* Class 57, 66, and several views of the brand new class 70 in action in December 2009!
Priced at £24.95 (inc p&p), this 2-disc set runs for a massive 3 ½ hours in total;
(that works out at under £12.50 for each DVD!)
Total running time is a MASSIVE 3 hours 38 mins!
'Superb entertainment - truly professional filming'
'This just HAS to be the best railway DVD I have ever seen!'
Mr Burns, Bridlington.
'I can't remember enjoying a DVD so much' - Mr M, Cockenzie
'Having done a fair bit of photgraphy myself, this is great entertainment & great filming' - Mr P.Woollard
What the Press say..........
GLOBE VIDEOS has released two new DVDs that will be of interest to readers.
First up is ‘Diesel Decade 2000-2009’. The end of the first decade of the new millennium has brought a number of retrospectives, of which this is one.
As expected from Globe, the picture quality is excellent throughout, while the programme is split into chapters based around the loco type.
Highlights include preserved class 20s with an ‘S’ stock movement, class 31s and 33s still in service with EWS, loco hauled class 37 turns in Wales, Scotland, and along the Settle & Carlisle, as well as on china clay freights, a reminder of class 56 & 58 in regular service and on railtours, and the run down of the Royal Mail contract.
The DVD finished with a look at the latest new locomotive on the network, General Electrics Class 70 ‘Powerhaul’.
A fine summary of the past 10 years!
RAIL EXPRESS MAGAZINE MAY 2010
Sample on YouTube
£24.95 inc p&p